Thursday, April 2, 2009

Treasure

I was sitting at the playground today with not much to do. I was playing with my soft shell and rediscovered its little chest pocket. I thought:

"Mmhh. I wonder if, a while ago, I put a little treasure in there. I should open it."

I was thinking 'treasure' as in 'five M&Ms' or 'a couple of Jelly Beans'. I guess I was hungry, so candy was on my mind.

I open the zipper, reach in, and what do I find? A much bigger treasure than expected!


Yep. My wedding ring was hiding in there for the last year or so. At least. I can't remember.

I was pretty sure that I took it off one day at church. Sitting makes my fingers swell, especially when I am pregnant, and so I usually take it off at church and put it in a safe place. I am also pretty sure I have looked in that soft shell like 10 times since. But never in that hidden pocket, I guess.

I was never too worried about it. Never did some big search or anything. Just looked in a few places. I knew it would show up some day. In the meanwhile, my finger has been enjoying its freedom. I am not a big fan of any kind of jewelry. The only thing I wear is my indispensable watch. Gotta know what time it is.

I am really glad I have my ring back. I think it is beautiful and perfect for me. But now I have to actually wear it. Maybe I just won't tell Karl I found it and put it in some other safe place. One I can remember.

3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow I can't believe you found it! That's great. Oh and that is fine if Noah like Emily she is cool and lives a lot closer. If she wants to make the cape she can. I still have to make it...oh no i have 4 days until i fly out. I better get busy. See you on Thurs and sorry i didn't call you back things with work are busy. 40hrs is killing me=)

Emily Nice said...

i've always liked your ring so I'm glad you know where it is, even if you don't wear it all the time. You can tell Noah that I liked playing with him too! What kind of cape is he wanting?

Smart Helm said...

Phew.. glad u found it.

Well.. obviously not phew 4 u.. glad u found it!