Thursday, March 5, 2009

Artistic Talent

As you already know, I have none.

But, to my delight, Noah has been developing his lately. He loves to draw. Yesterday afternoon, he fell asleep at my desk while coloring with the pen in his hand. He loves it that much.

About a month ago, we found this Doodle Pro someone lost. That night, Noah came to me and showed me the dragon he drew.

Pretty impressive, I think. I would have trouble drawing one that well. He is already out-drawing me. That is a problem. Not because of my ego, but because he wants me to draw certain things for him, like a hammer or a sword or a knight or something hard. I try because I want him know that you should always try, not just give up. Our conversation goes like this:

Noah: "Mama, can you draw me a hammer.'
Mama: "Sure. You know I don't draw very well, but I can try."

I draw the best hammer I can.

Noah: "This hammer looks weird. I don't like it."
Mama: "Ok. How about we go and get the real hammer, so I can look at it?"

We get the hammer. I try again.

Noah: "It still does not look real. I don't like it at all. It looks funny."
Mama: "Fine. Let's just print one of the internet."

And that is what we do. Then he colors it.

But I think he got tired of the whole process and decided to just do it himself. His favorite drawing utensil: a black permanent marker.


This is the first knight he drew about a week ago and they have been getting better since.


Now he tells me that I should practice and I could get as good as he is.
Thanks, Noah. Maybe I will.

2 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow he is becoming an artist. How funny that he tells you to practice but good thing you can print things off the internet. what would you do with out it? So since he is drawing me so many i think you should mail me one...i love getting mail =)

Emily Nice said...

Thats amazing that he is able to stay on the paper with the permanent marker. Those things are hard to get off walls, tables, clothes, etc. Good job on the drawing, and it never hurts to practice :)