Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Karlsruhe - City Park and Zoo



Water, water, and more water. I basically don't go anywhere here unless there is water. And since there is water most everywhere, this isn't a problem. Can you tell that I am having a hard time living in the desert? When people ask me if I want to end up in Flagstaff after Karl's studies, I truthfully tell them: No. Now you know why. 


Covering the hole, so that the water will shoot up super high when they let go. 
Simple but fun.  



Getting the hang of chess. Or not. 



Favorite animal today: the hippo


Who doesn't like to ride in a little car? 
Especially when the ride goes through a dark tunnel?



Honing their climbing skills. 


Just one little part of the playground
Notice the water feature in the front. 
( I happily carry extra clothing around with me everywhere we go...)


Exploring the river

That's it for today. Gotta get back to watching the Euro Cup. 
Max and Noah have turned into soccer maniacs. As I am typing this they are asleep in their new (original) Brazil jerseys inherited from a friend. More on that later...









3 comments:

amberkei said...

I hear you about the water!! I miss the ocean all the time. We just found a little splash park place nearby which helps...it looks like you found some good places too! You can survive!

WARNERS said...

Looks like such a great time! Did Emily have her baby? Lynn is so beautiful!! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

I know Karlsruhe i am living there