Monday, February 13, 2012

Sundays Around Here



(All of these pictures were taken on Sunday a few weeks ago.
Except the first and the last. 
Those are courtesy of Max.)

If we are lucky, the kids sleep in until almost 7. 


When I have been lazy/busy all week, 
I get to wake up at 5:30 in order to get ready 
and prepare Sharing Time lessons. 
I am not complaining about 8 am church though! 
Such a nice change from 1:30 pm! 


Max is now a Sunbeam
All of our little Sunbeams are transitioning so well 
and are super cute. 
Max being the cutest, of course. 
I can't believe that he is actually sitting in his chair, 
listening, and making comments. 
He is so excited to be one of the big kids!


After church he was goofing around at the house, 
getting into trouble as usual, 
and when I asked: 

Max, what are you doing? 

He says: 

I am making right choices

What a crack-up!


I love to bake on Sundays. 
Today I made cookies and gingerbread cake
Considering my lack of self-discipline when it comes to food, 
that wasn't such a great idea. 
So I am making Karl take the rest of the cake 
to school tomorrow morning.  
(The cookies are all gone already.)


We always go for a hike or a bike ride
Depending on the weather our outing might last
all afternoon or just a few minutes. 
Today, however, we did not leave the house 
again after coming home from church at 11:30. 
I am still surprised. That is an accomplishment for sure. 
I think it means the boys are growing up 
and are easier to entertain at home. 
They have a blast together (most of the time)
 and can come up with pretty cool projects. 
(Today, I have to admit, Karl did most of the entertaining.)


Noah was having a really hard time 
on this particular bike ride 2 weeks ago.
Nothing was going his way 
and he pretty much complained and whined
the entire time. 


He refused to look at the camera. 
After trying to deal with it for over an hour, 
I decided I was done and just started laughing


That, of course, did not help the situation. 
He did lose steam though after a while, 
mellowed out, and decided to have some fun



Karl and Max were having fun all along...


Before going to bed tonight,
Noah told me that today was his favorite Sunday 
because we never went anywhere 
and everybody was home together. 
I think all-day Kindergarten is wearing him out a little. 
And it is true, Karl and I play tag-team all week along, 
so it is nice for a change to just all chill together at home. 






No comments: