Thursday, November 10, 2011

Girlfriend?!?


I wonder what/who he is thinking about...

I am afraid Noah has a girlfriend. Or something like that. In Kindergarten. Oh boy.

Whose kid is this?

On Tuesday at pick-up, Miss Chris said:

"Noah had a fantastic day today. He was rather quiet and well-behaved. Then, on our way in from the playground, he was holding hands with Madyson. I think he might be sick."

Laugh out loud. Quiet? Well-behaved? Yep. Must be sick. Last time his teacher said he had a 'fantastic day', he came down with croup. Sure enough. He had not eaten any lunch and fell asleep as soon as we got home. High fever.

After 14 hours of sleep and plenty of energy the next morning, I sent him back to school.

Clearly healthy this time, he was holding hands with Madyson after recess again! He freely admitted it when I asked him. "Yes, Mama. We are friends now." Great!

Today I caught her coming over to Noah after school and saying 'Bye' to him. I am pretty certain this is all her idea anyway. My son would never think of such a thing. Ever.

Karl and I just look at each other like: Whose kid is this?

Ok. All things considered, probably mine.

Turns out that he likes to chat in class with his friends. A little too much. Sound familiar? After a little reflection I realized that I am always talking while Coach Liz (Masters) and Coach Mike (TRF) give instructions. Then I (and whoever I was talking to) have no clue what's going on.

Definitely mine.





4 comments:

WARNERS said...

I guess he's growing up!!! I dread the day they are old enough to date and are kissing their boyfriends/girlfriends! I'm remembering when You guys were visiting in CA and Fay (probably 3 then) was so excited to sit by the bathtub and talk to Noah. Fay was probably happy to have him in one place for more than 1 minute. After that minute was up, Noah had had enough and told Fay to go away - who wants a 3 yr old chatting your ear off while you are trying to have a peaceful bath?? Fay was crushed! I see that he is maturing now?

Smart Helm said...

That's an awesome story. Made me lol.

Jamie Pearson said...

haha thats so funny!! and the picture is perfect to go with the story

Emily Nice said...

well what do you expect when you have such a cute kid? :)