Sunday, August 8, 2010

Treasure Hunt



On Monday, the Wilsons came over as usual. I wanted to do something a little special since it was Max's actual birthday. I thought about getting a pinata but was not willing to spend $15 dollars on something that was going to be destroyed in a few minutes. Karl thought about making our own, but we were running out of time. So, a treasure hunt it was going to be.

Before hitting the roads on my bike*, I went to the park to hide the clues and the loot. Thank you, Jen, for taking your camera along and documenting everything.

Well, since I was not there, I don't have much to say. But it does look to me like they were having fun and enjoying the challenge. Here are the kids in action:





Like my duct tape job?



The birthday boy
retrieving the loot
with help from Carlee


Fruit snacks, chocolates,
and (rocket) balloons




Our tan little blondie


When Karl got home,
we all headed over to the pool
and enjoyed a wonderful evening
playing in the water

hanging out during pool check


*Yes, I actually left Max on his birthday to go biking! I know. That's probably bad. But I don't think he even cared. And I don't feel bad about it either.

1 comment:

Smart Helm said...

Fun Birthday times! I remember trying to make those treasure hunt things and I always put the wrong clues in the wrong places. Impressed that you got it right! :-)