Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday

Friday was a pretty crazy, nevertheless rather normal, day. I thought it would be fun to write about it, so here we go:

1 am
Max cries. I send Karl down to give him his pacifier or do whatever else it takes to get him back to sleep.

4 am
Max cries again. This time I go down myself, feed him, change his diaper, try to climb up two flights of stairs without falling asleep on them.

4:30 am
I frantically try to go back to sleep since I only have about another hour before the alarm goes off and I really need the sleep. But frantically trying to sleep does not work. So here I am lying in bed trying not to think of anything.

5 am
I think I am sleeping.

5:30
Alarm goes off. I grab my swim bag and head out the door before any of my kids decide to wake up and need me. I clear the car (I am not biking because even Karl crashes and falls in these conditions and that means a lot!) and head over to my friend Melisse's house to pick her up. I don't know how she manages to look cute even now but somehow she does.

5:58 am
We manage to be the first ones at the pool. Yeah! Kathy is there as well which makes it even more fun but then we end up talking too much and I get frustrated. Next time I will tell them, we can't talk. I am serious.

7:03 am
I manage to get home almost on time so Karl can go to work. Unpack, eat, check emails, make bed, stretch, etc.

7:20 am
Both boys decide they are done sleeping. We play, eat, play, get dressed, play, brush teeth, play, play, play.


While playing I am trying to find a second here or there to get ready to go to Jen's house. I don't need much, just the diaper bag, snacks, drinks, my work out clothes, snow clothes, the chariot sling, sleds, favorite toys...

By now I am already tired and could take a nap but this is just the beginning.

9:40 am
We made it to Jen's! I am putting on my running clothes although I really don't feel like it after I just took a nice shower a few hours ago and still feel clean.

10 am
I am on the road with the Chariot and two cute bundled-up babies inside. One blue and one pink: Max and Rubie. I decide that, really, I don't want to have twins next time.

10:30 am
This is the 5th time I am stopping to adjust the front wheel on the Chariot. It is pulling to the right like crazy. Instead of running I am getting an upper body work out just trying to go straight. I am extremely frustrated (as those of you who know me well can easily imagine) and NOT having fun.

12:45 am
I am hoping Jen will be back from her run soon. By now Noah, Eric, Max, and Rubie decide they would like to have more than one crazy Mama taking care of them all. Actually, today went pretty well. Noah entertained himself the entire time with two boxes. Eric was entertained watching Noah. And Rubie and Max entertained each other. Not bad.

3 pm
I can't wait for Karl to come home. The weekend is so close! Noah, as usual, is using our new piece of furniture to practice his cool moves and tricks onto the bean bag. We now wish we would have established a "no-climbing-or-running-on-furniture" rule before he developed this talent.


4 pm
Karl is home! I decide to use my "free time" wisely and clean. NOT my favorite thing to do but I also don't like things messy or too dirty.

8 pm
I am trying hard to stay awake. Noah is trying hard to stay awake, too. But I am done for today, Karl's turn.


8:30 pm
While Karl is getting ready for his winter triathlon tomorrow and our one-day adventure to Soldier Hollow (which seems more like we are going on a 3 week snow expedition), the phone rings and Megan (our neighbor) is wondering if we would like a late-night snack.


And then Jesse brings over these absolutely delicious, fresh, home-made crepes. I could not even wait to have a bite until I took a picture (as you can tell). Not the ideal pre-race meal for Karl but pretty close... Thanks, Megan and Jesse.

9 pm
I am out

5 comments:

Emily Nice said...

Love this post! You are so crazy busy! Hope Carl's tri, and your soldier hollow expedition went well! Max is sure getting big fast, maybe you should institute the "stay off the furniture" rule before you have two monkeys jumping off things :)

Jamie Pearson said...

I don't know how you do it. Wow you have no time to yourself. I can't believe how big Max is getting. I think I say that in every post..ha anyways I love how everyone looks tired but Max is wide awake for story time. How did Karl's tri go?? Man I think you guys are nuts sometimes...never a dull moment =)

Smart Helm said...

Man... that is crazy. You do so much! In my world 5:30 only happens once.

I'm so impressed with those who can get up early... U and Melissa are Amazing!

WARNERS said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you can have that kind of day and still find time to write about it. I love the new furniture - it looks fabulous and so useful! I can't believe how big the boys are! Wish we lived closer.

Courtney said...

a day in the life of Sarah gives me motivation to run and go to the gym this afternoon. You are so cool.