Wednesday, December 31, 2008

O Tannenbaum

Noah's favorite christmas song has been "Jingle Bells" this year. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is a close second but he does not have the words down for this one. His favorite German christmas song is "O Tannenbaum" and so we thought we would better buy one this year. The last two years we got by without because we were in Germany and California. For economic and ecological reasons, we decided to buy a little Norfolk pine and it has been a lot of fun.

In preschool Noah made a few ornaments for our tree and they are perfect.













And now that the Christmas season is over, we just take off the decorations and still have a fun tree in the house that we can watch grow. If we don't forget to water to it...

I did not attempt to make any Christmas stockings and I did not buy any either. First, it is not very high on my priority list. I was just fine growing up without stockings. So my kids will be, too. Second, I can't sew. The nice ones in the store are too expensive and the cheap ones too ugly. Third, we don't have a chimney/fireplace anyway.

But then last second on Christmas eve Noah got into the Santa Claus thing. So we came up with some fun socks and I think they look pretty good, considering...


Karl made this beautiful wreath. After I failed to do anything with the branches we got from his mom and they were starting to dry out, Karl took charge, sat down, and in a few minutes had made this wreath. I think he got some talent.


This snowman is another Noah creation from preschool. I love it. So does he. He has been getting more into crafts and such lately. During the summer we are just too busy running around outside and, to be honest, I am NOT a crafty person. Hopefully our kids will get some of Karl's talent.


Ok, time to take the decorations down. It won't take very long in this house.

3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

I love the Christmas decorations. Man you got festive and I only left what a week before Christmas. Noah and karl are both very talented with the arts and crafts i guess you better catch up. If i think of or see any good ideas I will send them your way

Smart Helm said...

You only have to be crafty if ur mother was... I just made that rule up.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Happy new year! Ur kids shore are cute.

Melissa Bunn said...

I love the stockings. Dan's family does stockings like that too. I think it's great!