Monday, March 18, 2013

Reindeer Buttons



This handsome kid is ready to start Kindergarten* in the fall! 
He is all registered and excited to be a big kid. 
So many fun adventures ahead! 

I think both Max and Noah are at such a fun age right now 
that I wouldn't mind if time slowed down a bit 
or even stood still for a while. 
Believe me, I have not felt like that in the last 7 years ever! 
But they are growing up and getting more independent
and we are all having a lot of fun together! 

Max recently rediscovered this awesome sweater 
my aunt made for him 
and (although slightly too small by now) 
loves wearing it to church. 
Especially after we told him that the buttons 
are made out of reindeer antlers
True story! 

I am in love with the kid and am so glad he's mine! 
(Not every minute of every day, of course, 
but more often than when he was 2. Or 3.)


He has recently gotten into dinosaurs 
and loves to draw dinosaur worlds. 
Here he is getting his art work ready 
to send off to Oma and Opa:


I will miss spending so many hours every day with Max. 
But I am also looking forward to (even) more freedom!
And, let's face it, I might be ready for a nice long break 
after summer break is over! 

But first up is spring break and we are about to head down to Tucson
for some camping and family time! 
Life is good!



* My dear German friends: When Americans use our word Kindergarten, they don't actually mean Kindergarten. They took our word and then turned it into something completely different. Kindergarten in the US means: The grade in school that comes before 1st grade. That's where you go when you are 5 years old. Before that you go to preschool. I know. It doesn't make any sense but whatever... 





No comments: