Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mushrooms a la Max


 

This kid is quite the character

He gave us a cookbook for Christmas
that his preschool class made. 
Each kid came up with the recipe for their favorite food. 
It is very entertaining!


There are 5 kinds of cookies, 3 recipes for pancakes, 
and 2 different pizzas.
And then there is a recipe for sauteed mushrooms
That one is by Max. 
It says: 

Mushrooms

Cut the mushrooms up. 
Cook the mushrooms in a pan 
for 4 minutes. 
Then eat them! 


I am so proud of my little guy! 
We certainly eat our fair share of cookies and pizza
but he chose mushrooms! 
 I can't get over it! 

He did not even like them for a long time. 
 I would have them for lunch a few days a week 
but he never wanted any. 
Then one day he decided to try them 
and now I am lucky if I can snatch some away from him! 


We definitely don't eat perfectly but we try! 
I am all about eating healthy foods in front of the kids. 
Eventually they get curious and want some as well. 

We don't force them to clean their plates. 
We encourage them to eat until they are full. 
Max does not sit still for very long, 
so it is more of a challenge 
but Noah has a very good appetite

The one thing we insist on 
is that they have to give everything a try. 
They can't just look at a dish and say they don't like it. 
If they are not willing to eat at least one spoon full, 
they are excused. 

So far, so good. 
Both of them (overall) are very good eaters
Although I think they just naturally like to eat. 
Just like Karl and I. 







1 comment:

Smart Helm said...

What a great idea for a preschool class! Go Max! As my father says, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you don't eat it. I wish some of my mission companions had been taught that lesson.